cocoa - hardware acceleration / performance and linkage of different macosx graphics apis, frameworks and layers -


And I read about different types of thoughts / references / rendering backends, and I get confused.

In relation to MacOSX, Quartz (Extreme) provides a render backend that is part of core graphics. In Apple documents and in some books, they say that you use OpenGL in any way (obviously because this operating system uses OpenGL to do all of its UI).

I currently have an application that is sent from real time (through QTKit, which is based on Quicktime but cocoa) and I forward through the frame (core image, GLSL shader, etc.) From).

So far so good. Now my question is - if you drag

  • a) the frame captured through quartz and is vested by OpenGL or
  • b) If you have the OpenGL theme and Drag the image of a displaylink and buffer clearly through OpenGL?

What will be the advantages or disadvantages of going by anyway?

I have seen various examples (especially Core Image 101 and Corevideo 101) and on the documents of apple developer pages, I can not see why they go that way (or to go)? !?

And I actually came into core video and core animation drama? The way B is going) Automatically means I use core video? And how can I use core animation?

Additional information:

ps: btw, i I'm on leopard, so there is no quicktimex illusion so far :)

Generally speaking by OpenGL You get more flexibility from the higher level API. If the high level APIs do not offer you convenience, then it is very likely that you have to drop in the OpenGL layer.

If they offer all your things then you need comparable speed, maybe a small (almost negligible) fall, purpose-overhead.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -