Sql Server Mgmt Studio: is there a way to get it to reuse windows? -


This is more annoyance than a real problem, but it would be good if someone has a trick to work .

Let's say I have a SQL file, MyScript.Sql if I go to the file location in Windows Explorer and double click it, then it opens the SSMS well, that's what I want. However, if I click on that file twice (or a different .SQL file), I get a new example of SSMS. So if the file is already open, I get a new example of SSMS. If I open a separate file, then it does not reuse the first instance of SSMS, it opens a new one basically any The SQL file will open an entirely new example of SSMS. It seems pretty dumb. Is it broken and has to live like this? Is there a solution?

I have tried to solve but it is not working. Actually it seems that I can get access again, but only if I use VS to open the file. Which is not great because there are so many reasons why I like to edit SQL in SSMS.

I will be open to write some small intermediate app, which takes the name of the file, finds an existing SSM process and it shows that if such a thing is possible for opening the file then < / P>

An example of SSMS can not open two instances of the same file looks like. So even your slightly intermediate app solution will not "fix" it. Why do you want to open the same file multiple times? If it is already open, how are you going to strengthen the change in both instances? If the goal is to save a copy as a separate file, then save the first file with just a second name, then the SSMS will use the existing file as a "separate" file at least I think; Not on a PC, where I can check.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -