permissions - cwRsync ignores "nontsec" on Windows 7 -


I use cwRSync to synchronize some files from Windows This process was used to work fine on Vista But since I upgrade to Windows 7, I have to continue with issues of permission.

Some backgrounds ... I used issues of the same permission on Vista, but it was resolved by using the CYGWIN = nontsec environment variable.

Permit problem

  rsync: failed to modify permissions on Xxx: Permission denied (13)  

Since Windows and UNIX file permissions are different, so syncing files with Windows permissions does not make sense. What rsync does is set the permissions on 0 ( D --------- ) from UNIX. To prevent this, Sigwin has the nontsec variable that gives instructions to ignore the Windows file permissions.

The problem is, on Windows 7, nontsec does not appear for any effect.

Your solution again, I had to make adjustments to see that it works for me - Instead of content / fstab, I have used this content with the topic of the forum you reference:

  none / cygdrive cygdrive binary, posix = 0, user, noacl 0 0  

I am using the cwRsync installer 4.0.3. I'm glad this works for me, but I can not give a reason, because fstab is not quite familiar with syntax and options hopefully it adds something useful to anyone else.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -