wcf - Guidance on .net web services -


I have done web services for a few years later, I remember that it is easy to create and consume only one In my current situation, I work in a large organization and we use a lot of DB2 stored procedures that the ManFrame man writes to get human resource data.

Now I am starting on a new HR project and replacing one of our other HR apps with the 'Data Access Code', I have suggested that we write a code library DLL Those who used to do all this work and here we use this DLL in our HR apps. Once I suggested that my manager thinks this is a great idea, but he wants to work in web services.

My manager has now commissioned me with the research of options to achieve these web services. He wants me to tell him that we should use WCF with it and if Java developers will be able to use the organization's web services, I

I have done a lot of web searches and do not have such information I have found that specifically answer these questions.

Thank you!

Mehrdad's mention (and I fully agree) , WCF currently offers the majority of cases for my Microsoft.

ASMX is great and easy - but it is limited in many ways:

  • Security is very limited

WCF treatment for it - and offer a lot beyond what you can host your WCF services in IIS - or in a console app or Win NT service. According to self-need to host, you can connect by HTTP to your WCF services, designated for TCP / IP, Msmkyu, peer-to-peer protocols, on-machine communication pipe and use a lot.

I will definitely give you a WCF and a spin it is more complex than the ASMX, but it offers just more capabilities and options!

For Resoures: Everything from the beginning tutorial and the sample code is. Apart from this, I suggest you take a look at - this is a great series that is all the way to "" and "Advanced" AdWords topics. Aaron Schoenard very well explains everything in 10-15 minutes screencast - highly recommended!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -