google app engine - Can GAE act as an XMPP server? -


I'm thinking of making a multi-player game using GAE. When player A goes ahead, I want to record the details and then player B would like to know about this step.

I thought that I could get some open source XMPP library in my customer and inform the presence if it is possible to my app? I do not want to force the player to sign up for a service like Google Talk, so I will generate Z on the fly based on the session ID.

Would love to hear from you!

Thanks

You will not be able to create your gae app as xmpp server You can not open chairs - doing so is banned by the API.

However, what you have to achieve, you do not need to run XMPP server to achieve this. You can use the XMPP libraries available in the Apenzin API to make your app a customer, that your game 'client' speaks to see the Python API: all your game clients do not need the Gotak client, but they Will need to be able to pull in gtalk, which I believe will be most capable.

Here is a short example:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -