.net - How do I transition from mainframe programmer to client server programmer? -


I was an Adabas / Natural and Cobol mainframe programmer for 16 years ending in 2002. I have a huge experience analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of online and batch applications. I want to go back to software development after a gap of 7 years to raise my children.

I am told that the demand for NET language these days is very high. Can someone advise me in which class I should get concrete knowledge of NIT languages? Can I start with ASP.NET or VB.NET, and which version? Or, for one of the advice, could anyone have to upgrade their programming skills to the mainframe environment in a client-server environment?

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

I can not suggest, but there are at least three main types of programmers:

  • "Get it People", which will be the code in Rail, Grails or php
  • "People of the framework", which will give code in Java and create design patterns with everything ( With pros and cons). There are many UI structures; I like Most people use hibernate as a firm of perseverance here.
  • And yes, "people of Microsoft" who will code in ASP.Net. I will choose C # then the demand is high, but I like OS freedom and Java tooling.

There are other directions with other languages, but for the starting point ... maybe Take a look at cloud computing and mobile promotions, if you are interested.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -