javascript - Firefox: Signed script shows scary certificate dialog -


Reference: I am writing javascript to run an executable and zooming some registry entries to the client machine. I signed the .JAR, using the Authenticode certificate of Scientul and my company, but the script is running, which generates a dialogue:

There is no mention of the original certificate authority (in this case I believe that the commodo), so I myself Let's put the company name string in the dialogue is drawn

My question is: is it all the user to see? Jar: http: //www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/signed-script-demo.jar! This example page shows the same dialog on /signed-script-demo.html , but there is still a lack of "certification testing" links or mentioning the original CA.

Are there any recent resources for writing signed scripts? Mozilla pages are mostly old years old and many references are from documents present in the developer. Netscape.com

- Martin

The code runs those signed jars and increases the privileges It has not changed even in years, so that the document should be correct. The code is not really touched because no one on the web uses that material. Yes, I know about the problem of chicken-egg crappy UI.

You can try to file a bug with Mozilla, but I'm not sure this should work (but patches will be welcomed).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -