.net - What is nAnt, and how it can be useful to me as a C# developer? -


I am always compiling my project and copying DLL from dependency projects to UI bin folder. 'After a few days with copy & amp; amp; Paste 'Every time I compile my project, I have concluded that I need a device which will automatically do it to me, after some searches it has been established that this tool is nant.

I search for information on how to use it, but if I do not find much, then my question is:

  • What is not there in some words?
  • How can I benefit from this?
  • Edit: I just can not add dependency to the context of projects because it will lead to a circular dependency. Microsoft (for better or worse) MSBILD system has been created, which is a project file (.csproj, .vbproj, etc.) are scripts. This .proj file directs the msbild system to create a project through XML, which is essentially what it is doing. So, in general, MSBlld functionality == new functionality

    When I definitely want to spend a lot of time with MsBuild vs nant, I can not really become an expert opinion from my experience, if you are using Visual Studio, Perhaps you can have a better track to go down with MsBuild to build your projects, because it is already in line with your development process. Since you are almost certainly using already .proj files (i.e. CCPRJ if you are doing C #) then it does not matter to me to make another build file: just before you Use one from the one and customize it as you see fit. I am unaware that there is no proposal at this point that MsBuild does not exclude the fact that it is in alignment with open source mode. It is high.

    Again, because I have limited experience with NAT. I can not say that this is still true, but when I finally used Annant, to accomplish the same task as compared to MSBIL It was a bit more verbatim, which is still correct, so I would have another reason to use MSBield instead.

    The need to leave binary as a post-build work is a completely easy way with MSBILD or NAT. For neglected reasons, I want to see how to see MSBILD first how this will work, if only MSBILD is not suitable for your bill, I say this because as you have been told today, Soaking in MSBILD (MSBILD engine is already installed on your computer), then why not take the path of least resistance ? Definitely if MsBuild does not do as you wish and does not do it, then take the route in every way, but the copied files will be of 5 lines either XML in your existing MSBILD (ie .csproj) file. Here are some documents from MSDN:

    The previous poster used NANT with cross-control. Cruise Control Can Easily Use MSBill :

    So if you make automatic (continuous integration), then you cc. You can use the net MS Team Foundation server is optional for CCNET if you can stomach or startup costs (through the MS BizSpark program you can use it for a few years free).

    I do not have anything against Nant - it is just that you do not feel like doing whatever you have mentioned. MsBuild can do this and you do not need to install anything new or create a file. You need to have a 5-line (roughly) XML entry in your .proj file


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -