architecture - Is it possible to run x86 assembly on a x64 operating system? -


Recently I decided to try on the basic x86 assembly so that the program is easy to debug, etc, etc. So I started (about a week ago) learning x86 assembly, in that time, I upgraded my computer to 8 GB RAM, so my x86 Windows XP installation was ruining all the memory, now, I have a x64 Copying Windows 7, the question is:

Is it possible to work on an x64 operating system with x86 assembly? Is this emulator? Or should i learn x64 assembly?

Yes, of course. Most programs are still 32 bits and run fine on 64-bit Windows systems. There are machine languages ​​in those programs, where there is one mapping with the assembly (and it can be easily divided into the X86 assembly code).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -