.net - Assembly locations for Visuals Studio Toolbox -


I am trying to set up my development envrionment on a Windows 7 64-bit version system. I have installed VS2005 and VS2008 fine.

At work, we have several self-developed control libraries for .NET compact frameworks under Windows XP 32-bit, I was able to store them in folder C: \ owncontrols and

  [HKLM \ ... \ Microsoft \ .NETCompactFramework \ VERSION \ WindowsCE \ AssemblyFoldersEx \ COMPANYNAME]  

The folder structure is as follows:

  c: \ owncontrols \ libname \ 2.0 \ dllname.dll c: \ owncontrols \ libname \ 2.0 \ dllname.wm5.dll c: \ owncontrols \ libname \ 3.5 \ dllname.dll c: \ owncontrols \ libname \ 3.5 \ Dllname.wm5.dll  

All DLLs have the same version number entries After putting it in the registry, I could add control to the toolbox and choose the correct DLL based on the version of the Visual Studio framework and the type of device (WM5 or WinCE 5).

Under Windows 7, I am not able to do this, in some way I found registry entries under WOW6432Node node HLKM \ Software and only XP The entries were made under, but the controllers are not visible in Visual Studio when I try to add them to Toolbox.

So maybe I'm doing all this wrong? How do I add control as described for XP? Please note that installing GAC is not an option - these libraries often change.

I like this feature that Visual Studio has selected the correct DLL based on the frame version and the type of project. I tried to manually add DLL, but then I saw that all controls are double.

Thanks for any help Thorsten

I have written this tutorial article :

This will do something with most of your OS byte.

Have you tried assembly assemblies (assembly folders only)?

  32-bit OS: HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ .NETFramework \ assemblyFolders \ & lt; Your control name & gt; 64-bit OS: HKLM \ Software \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ .NETFramework \ assemblyFolders \ & lt; Your control name & gt; 32-bit OS: HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ .NETFramework \ v4.0.30319 \ assemblyFoldersEx \ & lt; Your control name & gt; 64-bit OS: HKLM \ Software \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ .NETFramework \ v4.0.30319 \ assemblyFoldersEx \ & lt; Your control name & gt;  

In both cases, the default value for the key is a string with the full path of the folder with your assembly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -