Google App Engine (python) authorization web services /third party client -


I have a Google app engine project and I want to make my remaining API available to third parties. Like Twitter API

The Twitter user and password are being sent so that they can be authorized - can I do this with a Google user account?

I have read somewhere on this site, this is not a preferred method because their credentials have been entered in third party ap / pass etc.

I do not want to confuse a googles themselves login / captcha and so on. I have implemented it - it can not work with desktop / phone / widgets as well.

There is a solution to the third party apps to call my service - the app calls a page on my site (which asks for logging - I just add login rights) then the user logs in And my app then creates a long token that is then sent back to the third party app, which then stores it in its own store and gives it as a token ARG post / put / delete requests Let my rest service then check against the token and lookup (token | the user key) pairs, and the method denies the call / rejects.

Can I also ask for an app for my domain? And also store it I think I can read the REST service request URL and check that the matches etc?

Is this a proper solution or am I living in the 90's?

Built with this position in mind, this is a specification for the auth-token plan you have described , And it's these days.

For Balance, see.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -