unix - single quotes not working in shell script -


I have a .bash_profile script and I have the following alias for the following: lsls = 'ls -l | Sort-n +4 '

When I type the nickname of LSL it is in a way but then posts this error message "-bash: +4: command not found" I nickname To '+4'?

This works when Type LS-L |

I am in OS X 10.4

Thanks for any help

  bash-4.0 $ ls -l | Sort -n +4 Type: Open failure: +4: Any such file or directory  

you have ls -l | Sort -n -k 5 , gnu sort is different from BSD sort

  alias lsls = 'ls -l | Edit-n -k 5 ' 

Edit: Update based on indexing from 1 based indexing to 1 reflecting changes, thanks to Matthew.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -