Preventing Cookie replay attacks in ASP.Net MVC -


I have been tasked with implementing point 4 in this article:

The subscription provider Uses include adding a comment to users' server side records, when they sign in and exit, and then confirm that the user is not logged out when used to authenticate the cookie is. This makes the right sense for me where it starts to separate, we do not currently use a membership provider, and it seems that I use all our authentication codes again to use a subscription provider. I am facing complete fulfillment. We currently check authentication in a controller, and call FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie () , once we know that the user exists

is it really Necciality, it will be a lot of work to force a membership provider. Can I roll in my own key value store of cookie values ​​to log in user and just make sure that when a user hits the logout button if it looks insecure, then does all this authenticity code Is there a way to implement a minimum membership provider without assigning it?

I think that my main problem here is that we decided a long time ago that the membership provider is not fit with the model model which we use for locking and unlocking accounts, and its Choose not to use. Now we find that MS's recommendations specifically mention a membership provider, and this is security because I need to ensure that they are not causing problems if they are not used.

Can I roll my key store of cookies values ​​to log in user and just make sure that when a user hits the logout button, So I can clear it.

Yes, you can do this. The membership provider keeps a small set of data about the user (username, email, password, last login, lost password question, lost answer to password).

If you do not want to fit retro membership providers, I will take the approach you mentioned. Whether the information is written in the comment field of the aspnet_Users table or in the field in your own table, it should not make any difference.

You also have your membership / authentication code. After that you can swap your current code for membership provider implementation when it is more convenient.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -