Android memory allocation -


I get a "bitmap size greater than VM budget" error I have read that there is a 16 MB memory limit Romain Gui says that "You can allocate 16 MB of memory for your entire application only."

However, my app should run out of memory before reaching that limit. So my question is: how can I allocate memory in my application ... how can I increase the allocation of my app (maximum of 16MB)?

With any Java VM, heap memory will automatically increase to maximum size. But, bitmaps are allocated outside the VM, so you can easily see them "no" in the statistics. The best part is that you do not use large bitmaps, or you can use it by using

With Eclipse you can generate heap dump on Android 1.6 or above android 1.6 or above Are there. Elypus can analyze the dump with Mate.

Normally, you can not control the maximum size of the size on the actual device, unless you are working with custom hardware or firmware.

An article on developer.android.com on pile dumping at 1.6, but I am unable to find it. In addition, I have to tell you that you can request more memory for the application using

Android: largeHeap =.

"true"

is in the manifest. But this is extremely bad because most apps do not need it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -