windows - Programmatically discovering "guest only" sharing/security model -


On modern Windows, the default configuration is done in such a way that if I log in as a local user, I actually only authenticate as a guest (explained in more detail about this behavior)

When my program tries to access WMI on such a server through DCOM, I just get a "login denied" error, possible Schools not because the hotel allows the user to connect to WMI.

I want to separate this error from other types of access denied errors, such as incorrect passwords or non-existent usernames, so that I explain to the user what they need to fix the problem.

So my question is, what can I do to find such a server? I am thinking that if there is a com component that can be activated by a guest, it would be so - I can try to activate such a component, and if it works then I know That's my login authentication was correct. But I can not think of such a solid component.

Does anyone know such a component? Or what are the other ways to diagnose this condition?

No, I do not remember that there is a DCOM server that can be reached by a guest. Will not be unsafe? If you have the time then you can use all security settings of DCCM servers dcomcnfg. Maybe a guest but I do not think so.

On the other hand, you can not see the reason for accessDenied on the client side because this can make the server more vulnerable. If an attacker can differentiate between different types of access, then it will probably be able to customize their actions accordingly. But if you have access to the server then you can activate DCOM logging (see)

As a solution, I suggest that you write similar and similar problems and How do I get in a FAQ / Readme / Webpage? People search the web instead of reading the message box.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -