hashmap - Java multikeymap put-method -


I put in Java for a multimimate and applied methods with two keys pointing to a value Want to do I have written this way:

  public value type type (keypie key 1, keytype key key 2, value type value) {Hashmap < Ketip B, Value Type & gt; Mappi = outerMap.get (key1); ValueType Old Price; If (mappi.containsKey (key2)) {oldvalue = mappi.get (key2); } Else {oldvalue = null; }  

However, when I test this method (I have started the map properly as my own multi-type type)

  mappi.put "xxxxx", 13, "xxxxx"); I get a NullPointerException at  

me

  (if mappi.containsKey (key2)) {  

what is the reason Exceptions? In my class multicomap I initialize the multimimize object into the constructor, so it should be fine.

If this is not a homework, you can use it, instead of resuming it from scratch .

To answer your question, I suspect that in error hashmap and lieutenant; Ketip B, Value Type & gt; Mappi = outerMap.get (key1); . If there is no value in key 1 in external mark , then mappi will be zero, from which NullPointerException


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -