Install Mysql Gem for Ruby along with JRUBY Gem -


On my machine, the Jerubi gem microsoft is installed. However for some reason, I had to go to Ruby instead of Rabbi and everything It is working fine, except that the mysql gem is not installed for Ruby and now when I try to install Mysql gem, I get an error:

It may take time ... Error: Error installing mysql: Error: Man Failed to create native extension Check for /usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb --with-mysql-dir = / usr / include / mysql mysql_query () in -lmysqlclient ... in main () check-LM ... yes check mysql_query () In -lmysqlclient ... main () has no checks for -lz ... for mysql_query () -lmysqlclient is not checked in ... main () check -lsocket ... mysql_query There is no check for () in -lmysqlclient ... in main () -lnsl ... check for mysql_query () - in lmysqlclient ... main () check -lmygcc ... No check for mysql_query () In -lmysqlclient ... not *** extconf.rb failed *** Some reason for Could not make makefile due to the reason, perhaps there is a lack of required libraries and / or headers. For more information check the mkmf.log file. You may need configuration options. Provided configuration options: - with-opt-dyare - without-opt-dyare - with-opt-in

I did a google and found that I had libmysqlclient12-dev

But when I tried to do this, I found the following error:

  Reading package list ... Dependent tree preparedness tree read state information ... Package has been prepared Libmysqlclient12-dev is not available, but is referenced by another package. This could mean that the package is unavailable, it has been canceled, or is only available from another source E: the package is not an installation candidate in libmysqlclient12-dev  

Now I have to kill the wall, do not move forward with this, any sign or help will be appreciated.

Cheers

I had only one problem. I have done

  apt-get libmysqlclient-dev  

on Ubuntu, and it worked.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -