tcp - Erlang's maximum number of simultaneous open ports? -


Is there some limitations in the ERLing TCP / IP library? I searched something but could not find a definite answer.

I have set the ERL_MAX_PORTS environment variable for 12000 and have configured to use unlimited connections.

I have written a simple client application that connects to an epamode I have written for yaws and at the same time I am testing the number of simultaneous connections by customers of Launch X numbers.

I think that when I stop 100 clients, the server server receives more TCP connections and processes error with client value exiting

: {{badmatch , {Error, socket_closed_remotely}} 

I know there should be a limit for the number of connections open together, but 100 actually feels less I have seen all the files and any limit on connection Has removed.

This is a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac running on Snow Leopard.

The Vista machine shows that I have the same problem on about 300 connections.

Is my test inappropriate? To wit. Is it silly to test the concurrency of the sex to open 100+ connections?

Thanks

It seems that you press the system limit,

  $ ulimit -n 500  

Ergon has a limit of 1024 :

to

The maximum number of ports that can be opened at the same time is 1024 by default, but it can be configured Environment variable ERL_MAX_PORTS.

Edit:

The system call has the parameter backlog that determines how many requests can be queued, please check if the connection requests are delayed. This may be your problem.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -