C# -> Updating an AppSettings.config file on Win7/Vista -


I can not see anything here but I remember that if you want a file to update a file So it must be under ...

  ** C: \ Users \ Ibrar Mumtaz \ AppData **  

OK somewhere, the reason is That the user should have permissions to update a config file here and should not be under the application install folder. It is a belief that I am down and I am sure that this is definitely the case. As I think I have read that here P =

My question is, is there anybody who can highlight some light on this because this is my previous feature which I have given my application I want to apply it first test.

1) The first thing is that installing the folder requires an installer and after that my application leaves the config file in it. I'm already using the Visual Studio installer, So my app has been packed but this thing is throwing me? How do i do this I just need to show someone how to do this and I should fix my app to look for the new home of the config file.

2) I should be able to find out how to find the folder and find the config file that was created inside it. As once I know that the installer is configuring the config file in the correct folder where the user has permission, then it should be straight forward.

Thanks for reading.

Update :

It was very easy, because VS The installer had an option to add a special folder, so that all was omitted, and reading and writing the config file. A Problem? The Configuration Manager class, which I have used to create my own configuration files for my application, believes that in a completely different part of the local file system, to apply my config file locally and miles away should not be? Errr help here plz?

Ibrar

If you are using the VS Settings file, the application settings keys To create, and the value that the user might want to change in runtime, and save his preferences, just set the scope of those settings in "user" instead of "settings".
This way you can setter method for them, and you can edit the settings. Default instances, and when you are called, call them to keep save () method on the disk Please.

The file will be saved in the user's "appadata" folder, anywhere, under some hidden folders. But you do not have to worry about most of its time, because it will be automatically read on the next execution, and will remain in the same place on later runs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -