Distributing the Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (MSVCRT) -


An ATL / WTL project has been developed using Visual Studio 2008 and so far I am permanently adding CRT libraries, avoiding the need to ship them, however, I would rather use dynamic libraries (DLL) There is a need to consider - so that the size of the code can be reduced and because I want to use the excellent tool (for which you have to dynamically CR Now, MS supplies a stand-alone installer (vcredist_x86.exe) and an MSM package but it is not good for me because of two reasons:

  • I'm not using MSI based installer

    However, if you want to install, then you are sure You should do that there is a manifest in your application, and then copy this entire folder into your EXE directory:

    X: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Visual Studio 8 \ VC \ redist \ x86 \ Microsoft.VC80 .CRT

    and other folders if you have more than CRT sub Make sure the industry that you have added to the manifest.

    Just after I want - except I understand this part:

    Ensure that the manifest in your application

    My question is how do I create an application manifest that refers to CRT DLL which I want to use? The only disclosed information that uses my projects is the following (which ensures that the app uses the v6 of common controls):

      / manifestdependency: \ "type = 'Win32' name = 'Microsoft.Windows Does anyone provide me with working instructions? I Win Magic using Visual Studio 2008? My Visual Studio VC Redist \ x86 \ Microsoft.VC90.CRT folder contains a Microsoft. CV90. CRT.Maines T file - do I need to use it somehow? 

    Note: This is the same - but different questions.

When you pass / MD, Visual Studio will generate the right manifest for you flag.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -