Python equivalent of IDL's stop and .reset -


I'm relatively new to Python, but there is little experience using IDL I was wondering if anyone knows That IDL's stop and. There are equal commands in the dragon for reset command.

If I am running some IDL script then I had written that I have put a stop command, essentially what it does, stop the script there and give me access to the command line in the middle of the script . So I have access to all the functions and variables that I defined before the Stop command, which I find really useful for debugging.

Reset command I find very useful too. What this does is to reset the IDL environment (clears all the variables, functions, etc.). It seems that I closed that session and opened a new account, but without getting out and restarting the IDL, I feel that if I am trying to debug a script, then I have written that it Sometimes useful to start with scratch and do not have to reset IDL (or python now).

Any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Related

(besides being a very good REPL compared to standard dragon interpreter) you can do that:

  from IPython Shell Import IP Shell Imped start_shell = IPShellEmbed () def times_2 (x): Return 2 * xa = 5 start_shell () # Now Ihathon shell #A - & gt; 5 # times_2 (a) - & gt; 10  

Note that any changes you make will be sent back to the main dragon process no - if you set a = 10 in IPython (Using the example given above), a main dragon is still equal to 5 in the process.

Edit: Where I first saw this technique


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -