web services - How to set up website periodic tasks? -


I'm not sure the topic is appropiate for the question ... anyway, suppose I have created a website PHP I do not have a more accurate server with cheap hosting with JSP or limited functionality and I can not run daemon or services on my own. Now I want to do periodic work (say every minute or two) to do some data. They are likely to be time consuming, so I can not repeat the count for each user to reach a page. When a user loads a page and I think that enough time has passed, I can count once, but in this situation, if the calculation becomes very high then the timing of response can be excessive and time (It is unlikely that I do not mean walking so long, but I am considering the worst case scenario).

So considering these costs, what solutions would you suggest?

If you choose to use the crontab, you have to know a bit more to execute PHP Script from them if your PHP is implemented as CGI or depends on the effect of an Apache module. There is a good article on how to do this on:

If you do not have access to crosotab on your hosting provider (Find a new one) Other options are for example :

will call a script on your site, remotely every x period .. You will have to renew it once a month, I think. If you take your payment service ($ 5 / year according to the first page), I think finalize those jobs until you cancel them or your payment period Do not end.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -