Embedding an icon in a Linux executable -


I wrote an application in java and successfully compiled it.

In (X) Ubuntu file manager, my application appears with the default Linux executable icon, which I would like to replace with myself:

I have noticed that other applications display a custom icon such as Firefox, such as Firefox, but it is not known how to deal with the problem. Is there a resource editor for Linux Binaries?

Desktop entry

I tried to create a desktop entry file that executes the application as follows:

  [Desktop entry] version = 1.0 Type = application name = MyJavaApp comment = Exec =. / MyJavaApp path =. / .. / .. / libs / terminal = true mark =. / Icon.png X-KDE-Library =. By double clicking it pops up a terminal and disappears again, and that's all I'm sure. This application does not start because it can not find the required SWT library. I was hoping to see the output in the terminal, but I can not launch it from there.  

In addition, Ubuntu icon does not accept. I have tried several resolution PNG; No dice

There is no embedded mouse in the executables on Linux (your file manager has / usr / bin < / Code>). What you have seen is probably one, it's a text file in which the icon, program name and executable is appropriate.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -