Help: Adding rating to existing posts model in Rails -


There is a simple post model with my title: string and rating: integer and I want to add the ability to rate the post . So far I have

  # post controller def increase @ post = post.find (params [: id]) @ post.increment! : Rating Flash [: Notice] = "Thank you for your rating." Redirect_to @post end #Post Show & lt;% = link_to "Rating", increase_post_path%> & gt; # Path map.resources: post, member = & gt; {: Rise = & gt; : Put}  

When I click on Rating, I get an unknown action when I add @ post.increment, then I am able to increase the rating! : To update the rating, but when I create my own method

  map, if a standard route is saying then  
  map. Source: Post  

You should change this with:

  map.resources: posts, member = & gt; {: Rise = & gt; : Put}  

and it will create the "incre_post_path" path for your app with the "put" method.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -