BlackBerry Code Signing for Multiple OS'es -


I want to do some things and wondering if they are possible, and if so, how to do them.

I was going to create a virtual machine to run code-signing. In this way, if my computer dies, then I can expect that downtime will be less than just running VM in a new system. I know that the key to the code is made of those machines that they run. If someone has signed the code in VM and has switched VM to some other physical machine, please tell me if the keys continue to work or not.

I also wanted to run more than one JDE in VM. I use code signature app located in the directory of each JDE, which code code for different OS code code. Is it possible to run multiple JDI on the same system and be able to sign the code for a specific OS (I plan on signing code for JDE 4.2.1, 4.5, 4.6.1, 4.7, and finally 5.0 Am VM). If so, do I need many keys - one for every Jde version - or is there any way to use the same key for different versions?

Thank you for any help in answering this.

<> It is definitely possible to move the keys between machines - we have a set of keys that are used on Windows XP, Mac OS. X and Linux machine.

After you manually use the signing device, you appear in one of the BlackBerry JDE Component Package XYZ \ bin directory You will see these files:

  sigtool.csk sigtool.db  

These are your required files, simply copy them to an equivalent place in alternative JDE trees. And you will be able to use them for 'multiple targets'. I have not done it with 4.7.0, but with it is 4.6.0, 4.5.0, 4.3.0, and 4.2.1. We are signing using

  java -jar bin / signatureTool.jar  

, I'm not sure whether other methods will work.

Migrating to build machines like Unix introduces a turn, and this is why I think the rim says that the keys are not portable - using the signature tool, the operating system-specific directory path Separator does not detect the character. The result of this is that it also searches for the key files in Unix machine (backslash notes) in these places:

  bin \ sigtool.csk bin \ sigtool.db  

When you think that this bin / sigtool.csk searches for example. One solution for this is to create a soft link with these names that point to the actual files. In the component package top-level directory, we do this:

  ln -s bin / sigtool.db bin \\ sigtool.db ln -s bin / sigtool.csk bin \\ sigtool.csk  

I have only entered a VM - a Windows XP image. It worked fine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -