javascript - How can I improve my sites IE6/7 JS performance? -


So I was recently involved in writing a site again and with the big improvement in the way we have Have gone live (not that it is not right, we live with the deadline and always improve: D) With one exception: it will be locked after page is shown in IE 6/7. I know that this is JS because it has been disabled with it and I know from a few simple things like we use very slow, but with this Google ads have removed it (just now Also a crawl (+ 8sec)) I have seen through the firebug profiler and increased the load of JS / CSS changes:

  • Our IMG error except all IMG handling the bottom of the page
  • <
  • Sprite images used commonly
  • Reduce the complexity of the CSS selector
  • / Li>

This was good for all browsers And I know I can do more, but I am not seeing a major improvement in IE 6/7 which I need, we use DD_roundies_0.0.2a.js for ID7 but IE6's Not for I tried DineTrace, but I was not able to see anything clear, although I lost a bit of depth in it.

Point to here and / or some good IE profile tool?

EDIT: I should have said that I have been through YSlow, PageSpeed ​​and Chrome Developer Tools. All of whom I used to improve most of the above mentioned reforms. At this time I am not saying that the site is completely optical but it is fine and is moving in the right direction. Although I have a problem with IE6 / 7 and I believe it is JS execution.

Editing 2: We already send Chrome Frame Meta Tags to the server from IE6. This is not a solution, but I am doing it better than the loss for IE6. I am after JS explanation response at this point because I think I have included all other bases.

You can manually script your "common.js" script in IE6. Just grab a new time-ticket at strategic locations and ultimately warn them.

For example

  function ts () {returns (new date) .getTime (); } Var t0 = ts (); // some of your code var t1 = ts (); // your remaining code var t2 = t (); Warning (T1-t0); // milliseconds between T and T1 alerts (T2-T); // m0 between t0 and t2  

Perhaps a part of the script is very slow compared to the rest.
Or maybe it's only IE6.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -