ruby - Configuring Postgres in Ubuntu 9.1 Rails dev-box for Cucumber testing -


I am trying to install Postgres 8.4 for Rails dev-box and I'm having some problems.

I have installed Postgradge and PG-Admin 3 through an apt-dot.

Using the latest rails 2.3.5 and the latest Ruby 1.9.1

The configuration is bothering me now for the user, the Postgrad user (which I think is a postgraze There are some documents about what I did.

  sudo -u postgres psql postgres \ password postgres  

Before I get an error ...

 < Code> FATAL: Authentication failed for user  

To manage it later, I managed to create a database in PG-Admin 3.

An auto-generated database. Updated to see this like this.

  Evolution: Adapter: PostGrasek Encoding: Unicode Database: Rail-Box_ Development Pool: 5 Username: Postgrease Password: ******** Host: Localhost Port: 5432  

After this, Rake DB: Create works if I remove the host and the port, then it does not work.

My question is ... What is the default configuration for those developers who uses Rail and Post Grass for development? Do you use that stuff or what? If you are setting up a new box, what are your steps?

You need to adjust / etc / postgresql / 8.4/main/pg_hba.conf (or 8.3 If you are running then). Check here:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -