Update database when file is added -


Being a server (ISH), I have to keep track of the files in some folders with a web-interface. I have already done most programming, basically parsing folders through each weight (not in the most customized way), as well as its advantages). But now, due to keeping the files in a database, they are too much.

So - how can I do this in the best way.
The way in which I thought that a script is running and adding a database entry whenever I was listening to a file I was listening to a file was an easy way to accomplish this? Or will you solve this problem completely in different cases?

EDIT: OK Sorry. The operating system is a bit difficult - not really. But at the moment it's written on an OS X machine but eventually it's running on a Linux, so I should be completely uninformed. Do you know anyone else to say OS X.

One way to do this is to use the Windows service (which runs all the time) which has a file waiter component (I think it's called it). When you find a new file, call your database.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -