c# - Creative use of MarshalByRefObject -


I'm trying to remove some things. So, I'm looking for advice and research material (via link). Here's the scenario:

We have a library (e.g., CommonAlb) which has the necessary resources for many other applications (like APA, APB, APC, and so on ...). Now, the way it is currently working is an APA example, to see if a specific port is available or not. If it is not, then it kicks off Commonlab ("Hey, Awake") and the service is started. Then APP is happy and we go away.

Now, I've done a lot of research on remoting. The channel and I have come to the conclusion that I am starting an application made on a technique that is considered 'legacy' good ... I do not like it. Honestly, WCF is much higher than us and has not been fully implemented in mono. We are targeting multi-platform compatibility (windows, mono, linux), so we are researching all the options.

The idea of ​​remoting started at the first place, because we wanted the general league to be a guaranteed single example (as I think, a singleton is very guaranteed to be a single person in a given app domain only. - If I'm wrong then do not hesitate to improve me). Anyway, I realized the power of remoting and decided to start some experimental implementation. I have been successful in the initial use of the Marshall Biriff object but, I am concerned about the continuous implementation of this legacy technology.

So, with all of this ... I am considering how I can implement common Labs (as a host application) and without any remoting martialbearfrabs stream, standard TCP socket , Or some other way. What I'm thinking, instead of setting an APA to run a CommonLib, simply apply CommonLib as a base app. Then, what app do you choose (actually only 'hosted' .dll) you want instanced within the CommonLib The CommonAlb will then load that DLL into the normal lab framework, as well as the custom controls using the app. With this idea, I leave the requirement (for now) that the common lab should be a real singlet. So ... this is the description of our scenario. Again, my question is really 2 parts: (A) what techniques should I research, and (b) do I need to be worried about the legacy status of the remoting technique?

Any other advice, comments, or questions are more than welcome.

1 Update: I'm starting with this, I will be allowed to load a file (or script) with the list of application (or plug-in) that has been installed. I can make the file as XML or binary formatted. When a new app is installed, go to File & amp; Path can be added. Hmmm ... I do not necessarily have to use the MarsLife object.

While WCF can not be completely in mono , mono 2.6 silver Provides everything needed for light / moonlight, so the WCF-based implementation should be completely possible. Unless you try foreign (separate transport, inspector etc.), it should be more than sufficient to provide an RPC stack which is reliable between Windows / Mono / etc.

Usage in WCF and Remoting - is a remoting based object that pretends to be different, where-where WCF is based around a service; The point should be the basis of your conversation about discrete methods (rather than reaching properties etc.) - when you are crossing the border, even then it has the advantage of helping to clarify it.

Another option is a very basic socket server; Very lightweight, and you can use some things like protobuff-net to provide a portable (cross-platform) serializer implementer (you really do not believe in both BinaryFormatter - this Is ... flakey).

In short - I do not build around Marshall Biriff object not at all ; I will write a service layer, like something:

  interface imisation {zero method 1 (); Int Method2 (String S); }  

and remove these details from the caller. If you are using WCF, then you must all ; And for existing remoting support, I will write a IMyService implementation encapsulates (Personally) full MarshalByRefObject implementation. Even if I wrote a socket server, even then.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -