python - (Py)GTK StatusIcon notifications on Windows -


I am currently writing a screen capture app for Windows and Linux using PyGTK, The small problem has hit the notifications. On Linux, I am using libnotify binding to provide notification, which is working very well; However, there is no equivalent on Windows.

If I can, I have to display the information, but I can not find any way to get the tray icon ID from either GTK or PEGT. / P>

So should I write a new Windows-specific stace icon class by cutting the bullet and using the Win32 API? Or is there a way to start a win32 notification from (Py) GTK which I have missed?

If anyone has any other suggestions to display simple information on Windows, then I would love to hear them too.

Seeing that the notifier is not exposed anywhere for X11, which is not equivalent And just gives 0 in windows. Maybe you can file a bug to request similar functionality.

For now, you have to make your tray icon. Provides a quick search on Comp.lang.python.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -