database - ASP.NET Session State Service in Sql Server but w3wp.exe #private increasing -


I recently transferred our SAP.Net session status from InProc with SQL Server solution. I can see the session data can be inserted in the SQL data database. I am monitoring the w3wp.exe process using "private bytes"; "#Bytes in all stacks" display counter.

As I navigate to the website, it sends the data in session, although the private bytes counter still climb on the server hosting the website? I thought session data was being written in the database and not being stored in memory? The managed byte remains constant, and I am sure that all the items in the session are managed types.

Does anyone know why private bytes will still increase?

The session is one of the many objects needed for an ASP.NET website. You have transferred the Samson Store to RAM and SQL, but there are many other objects needed to not mention the rendered pages themselves.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -