python - In wxPython, What is the Standard Process of Making an Application Slightly More Complex Than a Wizard? -


I am trying to create my first OS level GUI which is using wxPython. I have the book wxPython in action and I have seen the code demo. I have no experience with incident-based programming (different from some javascript), saifers, and all specific GUI elements. The book is organized somewhat weirdly and believes that I know more about OS GUI programming which I actually do. I'm much more recent for object-oriented programming. I know that I am clearly in my depth.

My application is simple on the GUI side: mostly a set of reminder screens ("Turn on the scanner," "Turn on the printer" etc.) and background system In Python or web service killing files in the file system, but it is just so complex that the wizard class does not seem quite enough to cover it. I have to change the name on the "back" and "next" buttons, they have to disable on time, and even further.

What is the standard procedure for an application like mine?

1) Create a single wxFrame, then put all my wxPanels inside it, but hide one by one, then hide and show the sequence in the form of the "Next" button (or current equivalent) Started?

2) Create multiple wxframes with each wxPanel in each, then switch between them?

3) Change the name of the buttons in wxWizard and disable them in some non-obvious fashion?

4) I have not estimated anything in the above three categories.

I do not have a good understanding of your application, but trying to force wxWizard to suit your needs Bad idea

I suggest checking the available demos from the WMXPathon website. Go through each demo and I'm sure you will find the one suitable for your needs.

I have never used WxWizard personally because I find it very cumbersome. Instead, I make a sequence of those dialogues that I need.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -