Getting started consuming web services in a Ruby on Rails 3 application -
Then I'm starting to learn the rail. Now that the train has left 3, then I have to stay in the tracks to learn 3 Ways to Talk One of the things I want to learn how to do the web service with the rest of the third party / the use of work / method of creating a "mashup" application. I have done minimal work in this way with PHP and pre-built libraries.
Can someone lead me to some resources, best practices, or do I have a quick 101 text type of API to start working with them? Should I use gems?
Update: I'm trying to use the Google Books API (non-standardized) specifically. Since there is no client library for this API, I am thinking that other Ruby / Rail developers are working with APIs that do not come with Ruby Library. This is the reason why I am looking for a more general solution to work with the "fill the fill" API.
Update: After some research, I'm going to the Net :: HTTP Library. All the tutorials that talked about it were quite old. Is it still the best library to consume the best web services? Or is there a new gem that makes it easy? I just want to know which gem / libraries should be used, and the way the XML / JSON result is worked with is returned.
Update: This presentation was really helpful. It mentions a group of different libraries and examples of some of the following libraries have been shown:
< / Div>
I am a big fan of
This is a very good DSL for the use of web services Net :: There is an abstract layer on top of HTTP, a good example of how easy it is to use.
It is not without some warts (lots of dependencies), but this is actually the way to go if you are on the consumer side.
Comments
Post a Comment