Why does the .net world not have application servers like the Java world? -


I know that IIS is a web / application server I is a fully growing enterprise application server like web logic / tomcat / jbys Why are not those, which are so big in the Java world?

EDIT1: I am not a Java developer myself, I called those servers because only "scalable and configurable and optimized" I have read about them in most words associated with them. For example, look at the stack overflow I'm not flaming, only curious

Mainly because the Java world is free The vendor and the platform tries to be independent, it requires a consistent specification and execution environment for server side development - and it is for BEEEING JETI.

On the other hand .NET is Microsoft - so they can provide the whole stack. Windows, libraries, frameworks etc. (IIS, WCF, Com to mention something) In fact a J2ee server. NET version is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -