Which database is generally recognized as the big boy on the block for enterprises? -


I have experience with different versions of SQL Server and Oracle and my general meaning is, whether or not in Oracle Perhaps a better reputation for having a preferred database, though I think MS is locking the ground for some time and sometimes even claims that it is X, Y, and whatever it is in Oracle conditions, Close cousin

A friend, the government worker for me, has told me that they can not use those databases because they are not "sufficient" - or something else for that effect can be found in the IBM DB2 database Was to use.

I hope that this would be a very difficult question to answer in such broad terms, but can someone give me the idea of ​​which DB products are normally considered as powerful enough? (Or whatever word do you want to apply for large-scale high-volume enterprises?

If you want to throw out your point of view how the reality is different from the general public I will be interested too.

My stomach tells me that none of these three products can be used if you know how to design and implement it, but then From, I am looking for a small thing that can be a public perception, qualified or unwanted one, of a product.

.. And if you cancel this question, then I Help in understanding this That is why the subjective one tag.: -)

Your belly is quite right and out of three A good argument can be given to anyone. Keep in mind that what is used in any government, corporate or other enterprise enterprise is a decision which is a decision that the decision makers first or the decision makers trusts have. That is, the person's setting policy can not be a domain expert at all, but still his power in the hierarchy has the power to control the policy. If any given government department will only use DB2, then I suggest that you take "evidence" that DB2 is the "best" or "strongest" database with very large grains of salt.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -