sharepoint 2007 - DNS and Http HOST header issue -


I am using SharePoint Server 2007 Enterprise with Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and I am using the Publishing Portal template I am I have a physical server with the same IP address, and I have set up two server domains (server 1.mycorp.com and server2.mycorp.com) to map to the same server / IP address in DNS.

My question is how to set up two SharePoint Web sites with the same IP address to serve two domain names separately (with the same port number 80)? My current idea is for two web sites for two web sites with the same port number 80, but with different host headers (setup HTTP host header server1.mycorp.com and server2.mycorp.com) for two SharePoint individually Make web application). Not sure my idea is possible?

I suppose it is in ServerFault

/ P>

And you also describe a shared host header concept, when you create your webpage in the SharePoint Central Administrator, you will define a host header, IIS will respond to it or not on the same IP Personally, so it works.

Application Management => Create Web Application => Define the Host header, define the same port 80.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oracle - The fastest way to check if some records in a database table? -

php - multilevel menu with multilevel array -

jQuery UI: Datepicker month format -